Ayurveda is a 5,000-year-old healing system from India. Ayurveda, a Sanskrit word meaning“wisdom of life”, offers a proven guide for a life of happiness, vitality, love and purpose. Health is a state of vibrant balance in which all the layers of one’s life are integrated. This perspective opens the possibility for creating perfect health through changes in awareness, thoughts, interpretations, and choices.
A central concept of Ayurveda is “body type” or “dosha.” In Ayurvedic teaching, every human being falls into one of three predominant energetic body types, Vata Dosha: The “Wind” Principle, Pitta Dosha: The “Fire” Principle, or Kapha Dosha: The “Earth” Principle, and there are certain lifestyle practices recommended for each.
Ayurvedic Coaching explores and evaluates imbalances which can eventually lead to the manifestation of physical and mental symptoms, or disease. Personalized coaching includes:
- Determination of your predominant body type
- Identification of present doshic imbalances and health concerns
- Recommendations for lifestyle practices specific to your body type
- Stress management techniques including meditation and restorative yoga
- Physical and mental detoxification and rejuvenation strategies